Sluggish WiFi performance? Dropped WLAN connections? Full bars but no connection? What is it? Do you need professional help?
WiFi has become a necessity. In the modern office mobility is a requirement and cords are a nuisance. Unfortunately many WiFi networks don’t fill the bill. Either the network is underpowered or it has design flaws that hinder its use. Even if you do get connected, the data transfer is too slow or intermittent to be useful.
The basic steps in WiFi consultation are:
- Requirements analysis: What is the network used for? How many users? What kinds of devices? How much data bandwidth? How large is the required coverage area?
- Environmental analysis: How does the building construction affect radio coverage? What interference sources are there? What kind of networks are already in use nearby? Which bands and channels are optimal?
- Access point placement: Where to place the access points for optimal performance? How to provide power to the access points?
- Tuning: Channel planning, transmit power settings, SSIDs, VLANs
- Security: WPA2 Personal or Enterprise according to the requirements analysis
- Validation: Verifying that everything works as planned and meets the requirements
Petri Riihikallio is certified:
- Certified Wireless Design Professional (CWDP)
- Certified Wireless Security Professional (CWSP)
- Certified Wireless Analysis Professional (CWAP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Wireless (CCNA)
- Ubiquiti Enterprise Wireless Administrator (UEWA-V2)
- Ubiquiti Broadband Wireless Administrator (UBWA-V2)
- MikroTik Certified Network Administrator (MTCNA)
- MikroTik Certified Wireless Engineer (MTCWE)
You can also study these subject yourself. Below are a few introductory articles.